About this Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Brisbane holiday

For the past ten days I've been on holiday in Brisbane. I've stayed with a good friend and caught up with two of my nieces and their families. Over the next few days I'll post some pictures and highlights.

I don't suppose the first couple of days could be called a highlight when I came down with what turned out to be "viral gastroenteritis" according to the very nice doctor at a visit that cost $153 and had no "magic bullet" medication! But what was a highlight was finding some flowers and a lovely "care package" left at the door of my friend's house by one of my wonderful nieces! How thoughtful is that!!

So continuing on that theme - a few days later I was well enough to meet up with said niece and do some great things together. We went with her three boys to South Bank in the evening and rode the Brisbane Wheel. These photos were taken professionally as we entered so even though we rode at night they cleverly put some photos on a daylight background.


Another day Sarah and I went to Queensland University Open Day and had a day out together just the two of us. I didn't do very well with photos at the university though it is a beautiful campus. But later we cruised around on the free ferry on the Brisbane river which was a relaxing way to enjoy the city.

And I can't leave this post without introducing you to another member of this family - Rose the much loved pet snake: