About this Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Two little boys... two little birds

My neighbour has twin grandsons about 6 years old. As we happened to be walking back from the shops together she asked them if they wanted to show me the surprise at her front door. They certainly did! They had a hard time "not telling" before we got there. At first I could see no sign of anything out of the ordinary. But then with a "Shhh" and a careful tiptoe to a large plant growing near the door they pulled back the leaves and...
I said: "They look like twins - just like you!" So William decided they should be called 'William' and 'Thomas'! Unfortunately the position of the nest makes them very vulnerable to other birds or cats so I hope the boys don't have to discover 'William' or 'Thomas' disappeared or deceased.