About this Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Rotorua is not only about Geysers! (Part 1)

We spent a couple of days in Rotorua recently and didn't see a single Geyser or mud pool! (Been there, done that previously!) This time we went with three specific things in mind:
The Bible Museum and Discovery Centre. I can't remember how I came across the link for this some time ago and thought it might be worth a look. We were very impressed! It was much more than I had expected.
From life-sized models...

...to tiny artifacts (many real, some replicas)
 
... and much more. It was very well set up and covered the whole Old Testament history and New Testament events, maps, dioramas, interactive displays... It had plenty for children as well as being of interest to those with good Biblical knowledge and a scholarly bent! It stimulated my interest in archaeology! We spoke with the couple who have spent eight years setting this all up. They are adding new displays all the time so if by chance you have visited previously it's worth another look.

I'll cover the other two things we enjoyed in my next post.