About this Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Creativity - human and divine...

Yesterday we made a very spontaneous decision and went to Auckland Museum to see the Brickman Wonders of the World Lego exhibition. No, I've never played with Lego! But I have seen some amazing creations made by both children and adults. This exhibition is of equal fascination to both. Here are a few of my favourites:
Church of St Basil the Blessed

Leaning Tower of Pisa

The leaning tower of Pizza!! (in the grounds of Tower of Pisa)

The Crown Jewels

Train (obviously!) I didn't note its significance.
There are dozens more - I don't want to spoil the surprises. There are several places where children can sit and play with huge troughs of Lego Pieces - and seats where I saw a couple of grandparents relaxing while they waited.

 Afterwards we sat outside in the beauty of the Domain and I couldn't help thinking about the creativity of the Ultimate Creator... 
...in the structure of a tree
... every cell of its sturdy bark.

The generosity and abundance of reproductive seeds on each fern frond.

The delicate beauty of a flower.

At first as we walked outside I thought - "Ah but God's creation is so much better" but I quickly adjusted my thinking. All creativity comes from the same Source. Maybe we are more likely pay money and stand in a queue to see human creativity than we are are to sit or walk freely outside and marvel at God's! However, I can imagine the Divine Creator cheering and affirming the Lego marvels made by people who are, after all, made in the Creator's image!